Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Coffers are Overflowing

I seem to be attracting free things, now that I'm not spending money.

In the last week I have been given:
  • $60 cash. David found $100 in a pocket or bag somewhere in his luggage, so shared it with me. I'm a bit shocked about having so much money, so haven't even put it in my wallet. It's tucked up safe in the bedside table.
  • A year's supply of olives... at least.
  • A $25 ticket to the Wellington food and wine show, which I went to today.
  • A handmade journal valued at $75. I won this when I signed up for a newsletter and went in a draw. 
Wow. That's quite amazing I reckon.

I also came up with a small venture to earn some pocket money. We have been asked to get personal emergency kits for under our desks at work -- a torch, water, whistle, dust masks etc. It's too much bother for most people so I offered a service to make them up for $30. $20 for the supplies, and $10 for my time to get them and put the kits together. I only got 3 orders, but that's another $30 in the bag.

On the spend side, I did buy a coffee filter for $35. It means the coffee I make at my desk is just as good as the $4 coffee I get at Custom, so I'm now doubly happy about making my own.

Enjoying this experiment. Mostly enjoying being conscious about consuming -- something that has pretty much always been on autopilot for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment