Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Everything matters

Me: I've just understood the urge to write. It's because everything matters. Absolutely everything. And writing honours that simple fact. Memories matter. Families matter. The smell of cut grass matters.

We spend so much of our lives wondering what it's all about, looking for meaning and a way to belong. And all the time, we totally matter, we totally mean something, just by our existence.

To question writing about anything is blind and ignorant.

We need to write about absolutely everything. Nothing is too small, too dull, insignificant. Nothing.

She: Yes. Yes, that's right.

Me: Thanks for helping me know this. I feel like I could now write every day, with passion and burning, just like I've wanted to all my life.

She: Yes, you can.

Me: Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment